Saturday, February 15, 2014

Update

I am returning to the program after a two year break! A lot has changed, but my passion for social justice issues is unwavering! I continue to teach, this year I am teaching grade 8. I also run a program at my school called Me to We. Taking from the Free the Children initiative, this program encourages young people to change the world by designing awareness campaigns, fundraising and studying the world of service. More recently I have been involved in helping students at the school set up their own student run WE club that promotes student activism. I have been able to transfer a great deal of my learning from the ICD courses into my classroom. Since my last blog post I have also completed the Certificate in Child and Youth Human Rights and currently working on my Masters in Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment